Job offer: Information Centre Assistant (apply by 20th September, 2020)
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a joint organization of German universities for the promotion of international scientific cooperation and academic exchange. A worldwide network of 15 DAAD regional offices and 56 information centres support the work of the DAAD head office in Bonn.
The DAAD Information Centre in Ghana is looking for a dedicated and versatile assistant to support with the following tasks, amongst others:
- Conducting consultations in person and virtually: Informing potential students, researchers, parents and other interested parties about the German Higher Education System, DAAD scholarships and student visa
- Answering requests on the above topics via email, phone and different messengers
- Keeping official statistics of consultations and requests for all staff of the Information Centre
- Planning and preparation of Social Media content for all channels of the Information Centre
- Maintenance of the DAAD Ghana website in WordPress
- Preparation and implementation of the Information Centre’s own events and webinars as well as information booths at different Higher Education fairs
- Small research projects on Higher Education marketing and the education sector in Ghana for the DAAD’s „Marketing Services“
- Keeping stock and procuring of information material and office supplies, running errands etc.
- excellent at communicating with people from different contexts,
- passionate about contributing to exchange in higher education between Ghana and Germany,
- able to work independently,
- proactive and dedicated to the delivery of the DAAD’s objectives.
- University degree (at least BA); studies or working experience in Germany
- Excellent command of English, good command of German language
- Completed National Service and first work experience, preferably in an international or Higher Education context
- IT Skills: Good knowledge of different Social Media channels and Microsoft office programmes, experience with WordPress or other Content Management Systems is a plus.
- The position is a full-time post and will be paid according to the Information Centre’s local payment scheme.
- It is scheduled to start on 15th October 2020 and limited to a duration of one year with a possibility of extension.
Please send your CV and a cover letter (as PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application IC Assistant
The closing date is 20th September 2020.