Informationen zu den Fördermöglichkeiten des DAAD für Studierende, Graduierte, Promovierte und Hochschullehrer sowie zu Angeboten anderer ausgewählter Förderorganisationen.
Staff Exchange in Sub-Saharan Africa • DAAD
The purpose of the fellowhip programme for staff exchange is to promote interuniversity co-operation through academic mobility and to enhance the quality of teaching and research at Sub-Saharan African universities.
The objective is to improve the quality and quantity of training and research at Sub-Saharan African universities and to promote the mobility of lecturers
- The host institution shall provide the local expenses such as lodging, board, local transportation and medical care during the stay.
- The home institution shall maintain the payment of the salary and benefits for the duration of the fellowship.
- The implementation of the fellowship should contribute to develop staff exchange between Sub-Saharan African universities.
Wer kann sich bewerben?
Was wird gefördert?
Dauer der Förderung
- a travel allowance
- monthly allowance of EUR 1.200,--
Welche Voraussetzungen müssen erfüllt sein?
- have completed their PhD degree.
- be senior staff at a Sub-Saharan African university.
- be invited by a Sub-Saharan African host university.
- be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- be granted leave of absence by their home institution for the purpose of teaching at the host institution.
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
At the end of the fellowhip the fellow has to provide a detailed report on the findings of the teaching and give further information on future co-operation and academic activities.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
For technical questions regarding the DAAD-Portal, please contact email@example.com.
- DAAD application form, duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications (if applicable).
- Invitation by the host institution
- Concept note (generally 3-5 pages) indicating the duties and functions including detailed time and work (teaching) plan, as well as information on the target group for the teaching.
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Proof of leave of absence by their home institution for the purpose of teaching at the host institution.
- Letter of Motivation
- Letter of Recommendation
April 1, 2021 for fellowships starting August 1, 2021
May 1, 2021 for fellowships starting September 1, 2021
June 1, 2021 for fellowships starting Oktober 1, 2021
July 1, 2021 for fellowships starting November 1, 2021
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
- Scholarships will be awarded subject to the provision of funds.
Informations- und Beratungsstellen
Hellen Sahlmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bitte beachten Sie:
Die Nutzung des Bewerbungsportals ist mit mobilen Endgeräten nur eingeschränkt möglich. Bitte nutzen Sie zur Bewerbung Ihren Desktop-Computer. Technische Voraussetzungen
Allgemeine Hinweise zu Bewerbungen über das DAAD-Portal
This is what you have to do:
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Request references (if necessary according to the call for proposals, see "Application procedure")
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section "Request reference" after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. References are confidential and should not be read by the applicant. The unopened envelope should be enclosed with the printed "Application summary" generated in the portal (see Item 4). Please note: If the call for proposals requires you to send several copies of your application by post to the application address (see "Application documents" in the section "Application procedure"), you will also need several copies of your reference in several envelopes, which you must then enclose with your printed "Application summary".
3. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except references and any work samples which you might have to submit) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
4. Sending application documents by post
Submit the printed "Application summary" – if necessary with several copies (see "Application procedure/Application documents") by post. Please do not enclose any other documents that have not been uploaded to the portal with the printed "Application summary" – except the required references (in sealed envelopes) and a work sample if applicable!
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail email@example.com, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Please consider this when you are planning your application.