Informationen zu den Fördermöglichkeiten des DAAD für Studierende, Graduierte, Promovierte und Hochschullehrer sowie zu Angeboten anderer ausgewählter Förderorganisationen.
Postdoctoral Fellowships in Germany For Former DAAD In-Region/In-Country Scholarship Holders from Sub-Saharan Africa • DAAD
By training future academic and professional leaders, the programme contributes to the following long-term impacts:
- Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Postgraduates strengthening education and research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to DAAD alumni of the In-Country/In-Region programme to conduct, under the guidance of their host institutions, co-operative research at a German university or other research institutions. The programme is designed to augment opportunities for researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa.
The project should not be a reworking or mere extension of the candidate’s doctoral research project. That means:
- The fellowship should advance the candidate's research profile.
- The host and the candidate must have established close communication and devised a concrete research plan.
- The implementation of the fellowship should contribute to promoting exchange between German and Sub-Saharan African universities.
Wer kann sich bewerben?
Was wird gefördert?
Dauer der Förderung
- An adequate travel lump sum
- A monthly allowance of EUR 2.000,--
- Accident, liability and health insurance
The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Scholarships will be awarded subject to the provision of funds.
Welche Voraussetzungen müssen erfüllt sein?
- have to be alumni of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) within the “In-Region / In-Country Scholarship Programme”.
- must have completed their PhD degree less than six years ago.
- must hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- have to be invited by a German host institution (please note: DAAD does not find or introduce host institutions.)
- have to be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
At the end of the fellowhip the fellow has to provide a detailed report on the findings of the research co-signed by the hosting researcher and give further information on future co-operation and academic activities.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
For technical questions regarding the DAAD-Portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DAAD application form, duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications (if applicable)
- Letter of Motivation
- Letter of invitation from a German host institution
- Research proposal (at least 5 pages)
- Detailed time and work plan (which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany)
- Confirmation from a German professor stating that he/she will host the applicant during the stay
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate)
- Award Letter from previous DAAD scholarship that indicates your personal identification number (PKZ-/ID-number)
April 1, 2021 for fellowships starting August 1, 2021
May 1, 2021 for fellowships starting September 1, 2021
June 1, 2021 for fellowships starting Oktober 1, 2021
July 1, 2021 for fellowships starting November 1, 2021
Informations- und Beratungsstellen
Hellen Sahlmann (email@example.com)
Bitte beachten Sie:
Die Nutzung des Bewerbungsportals ist mit mobilen Endgeräten nur eingeschränkt möglich. Bitte nutzen Sie zur Bewerbung Ihren Desktop-Computer. Technische Voraussetzungen
Allgemeine Hinweise zu Bewerbungen über das DAAD-Portal
1. Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Request references (if necessary according to the call for proposals, see "Application procedure")
The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section "Request reference" after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. References are confidential and should not be read by the applicant. The unopened envelope should be enclosed with the printed "Application summary" generated in the portal (see Item 4). Please note: If the call for proposals requires you to send several copies of your application by post to the application address (see "Application documents" in the section "Application procedure"), you will also need several copies of your reference in several envelopes, which you must then enclose with your printed "Application summary".
3. Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices (except references and any work samples which you might have to submit) to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Sending application documents by post
Submit one printed "Application summary" by post. Please do not enclose any other documents that have not been uploaded to the portal with the printed "Application summary" – except the required references (in sealed envelopes) and a work sample if applicable!
Information for applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Please consider this when you are planning your application.