Informationen zu den Fördermöglichkeiten des DAAD für Studierende, Graduierte, Promovierte und Hochschullehrende sowie zu Angeboten anderer ausgewählter Förderorganisationen.
Postdoctoral Fellowships in Germany for DAAD-Alumni of the In-Country/In-Region Programme from Sub-Saharan Africa • DAAD
By training future academic and professional leaders, the programme contributes to the following long-term impacts:
- Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Postgraduates strengthening education and research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
Wer kann sich bewerben?
For further information see: “Application requirements”
Was wird gefördert?
The project should not be a reworking or mere extension of the candidate’s doctoral research project. That means:
- The fellowship should advance the candidate's research profile.
- The host and the candidate must have established close communication and devised a concrete research plan.
- The implementation of the fellowship should contribute to promoting exchange between German and Sub-Saharan African universities.
The fellowships are tenable in any university or research institution in Germany.
Terms and Conditions
At the end of the fellowship the fellow has to provide a detailed report on the findings of the research co-signed by the hosting researcher and give further information on future co-operation and academic activities.
Dauer der Förderung
- An adequate travel lump sum
- A monthly allowance of EUR 2.000,--
- Accident, liability and health insurance
The DAAD will endeavour to transfer/pay out the first payments as quickly as possible after the scholarship holder has arrived at the host institution.
Nevertheless, it is recommended to bring a financial reserve for the first time period.
The travel allowance and the honorarium cover all costs arising from and in connection with the travel and stay. This may be, for example, visa fees, costs for health checks or vaccinations, baggage costs or luggage insurance and taxable charges.
Please note that programmes which run for up to six months do not provide for families to join the grant holder and consequently the DAAD does not pay any family allowances.
The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Scholarships will be awarded subject to the provision of funds.